The Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based strategy game with a high fantasy theme. It features both singleplayer and online/hotseat multiplayer combat.Explore the world of Wesnoth and take part in its many adventures! Embark on a desperate quest to reclaim your rightful throne... Flee the Lich Lords to a new home across the sea... Delve into the darkest depths of the earth to craft a jewel of fire itself... Defend your kingdom against the ravaging hordes of a foul necromancer... Or lead a straggly band of survivors across the blazing sands to confront an unseen evil.
- Units hand-animated in a vibrant pixel art style, with semi-realistic portraits used for dialog.
- 16 singleplayer campaigns and 46 multiplayer maps to choose from.
- Over 200 unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells.
- Face off against other players over the Internet, or challenge your friends over a private/local network or hot-seat.
- Translated into over 30 different languages.
- Highly moddable engine combining WML and Lua scripting
- Tons of player-made content available from the official add-ons server: new campaigns, factions, and multiplayer maps with new and unique mechanics and artwork.
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or later||Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 or later|
|CPU||Single-core 1.3 GHz or better||Dual-core 2.0 GHz or better|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB|
|Disk||700 MB free||2 GB free|
|Graphics||800x480 or larger screen2||1024x768 or larger screen2|
|Input||Keyboard and mouse required|
Copyright © 2003–2017 by The Battle for Wesnoth Project. Supported by Jexiste.